What is the difference between the following two subdivisions which are used under ethnic groups: Politics and government AND Government relations?
The Library of Congress uses these subdivisions as follows :
(1) – Politics and government is assigned under individual ethnic groups for works on the group’s self-government and/or the political activity of the group or its individual members. The heading can be further subdivided by the free-floating century subdivisions : – 16th, [17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, or 21st] century.
- Title: Navajo Nation government.
- Navajo Indians $x Politics and government $x 20th century.
(2) – Government relations is assigned under individual ethnic groups for works on the relations between the group as a whole and the government of the place in which they reside.
- Title: Entering the war zone: a Mohawk perspective on resisting invasions
- Mohawk Indians $x Government relations