The Subject and Bibliographic Access Committee provides a forum for exchange of information and a clearinghouse for issues and concerns related to bibliographic access (including, but not restricted to, subject headings, call numbers, and name authorities) to materials in anthropology, sociology, criminology and criminal justice, and related fields. Each month the Committee answers a different question on cataloging issues and policies. In addition, the Committee posts a monthly lists of new subject headings in the social sciences. The Committee also processes proposals for Library of Congress Subject Headings including changes to existing headings, additions of new cross-references to existing headings, and new subject headings policies.
ANSS on Facebook
Get Involved!ANSS needs voluteers! Tell us your interests by completing the ANSS Committee Volunteer Form.
- ANSS Currents
- Assessment Tool for Sociology Collections and Services
- New Subject Headings in the Social Sciences
- Cataloging Questions & Answers
- Bibliographies of Resources
- Reviews of Indexing, Abstracting and Database Services
- Information Literacy Standards for Anthropology and Sociology Students
- Guides to Subject Literature
- Guides to Editing ANSS Publications
Recent Field Notes